The Delaware Art Museum is pleased to present Creativity Multiplied: Art Teachers of the Christina School District, a unique exhibition that highlights the artistic imagination that inspires professional teaching artists from Delaware’s Christina School District, on view June 25, 2011 – August 21, 2011. This juried exhibition features 27 paintings, photographs, drawings, and sculptures by 11 Christina School District teachers and is part of the Museum’s Outlooks Exhibition Series, which aims to encourage community involvement in the creation and exhibition of art.
Ranging from abstraction to realism, the diverse works featured in this exhibition reflect the teachers’ own artistic identities. By bringing their own creative energy and insights into the classroom, these teachers inspire their students to create art, thus renewing a continuous cycle of creativity.
Rosemary Lane, an artist and former Professor of Art at the University of Delaware, juried the exhibition. The 27 works she chose span a wide-range of themes and diverse techniques, including oil, acrylic, watercolor, pastel, and ceramic.
Creativity Multiplied features the following artists:
* Donya Crichlow, Gauger-Cobbs Middle School
* Laura Donahue, Wilson Elementary School
* Lane Mclaughlin, Brookside Elementary School
* Jamie Moore, Newark High School
* Joyce Nerlinger, Jones Elementary School
* SoYoung Park-Bovee, Glasgow High School
* Malissa Reese, Christiana High School
* Joe Repetti, Bancroft Elementary School
* Katherine Reynolds, West Park Elementary
* Rhonda Shone R., Porter Road Elementary School
* Karen R. Yarnall, Newark High School